No, Xanax is not the medication with least side effects when compared with other anxiety meds. All the drugs in this category are known to be highly addictive in nature but Xanax is comparatively high in this criterion too.
What should you do if your doctor prescribed Xanax medication for you?
You have to take the pills that are prescribed for you and there is no other go. This anti-anxiety medication would cause trouble only when you are not taking it in the right way. In terms of effectiveness, Xanax from reputed online pharmacies would help a person to get rid of anxiety instantly when compared to other medications in this class.
Many people have been benefitted by this medication so you can definitely take it to get therapeutic effect on the ailment.
Will you suffer from ill effects while taking Xanax for sure?
No, it is not sure that you will suffer from ill effects while on Xanax medication. We are just saying that the possibility of getting affected by side effects by this drug is high when compared to other anti-anxiety pills.
There are certain factors that would pave way for ill effects as well as addiction. It is essential that you should avoid these during the treatment. First factor is that, you are not supposed to take Xanax with higher dosage strengths for a longer period of time. When there is increased amount of active ingredient in the body more than what is required then it is sure that you would experience various ill effects and would get addicted to the medication.
Second factor is that, you should not abruptly stop the treatment. There is a procedure to halt the therapy. A doctor would lessen the dosage strength of Xanax slowly and steadily only then you are supposed to stop taking it.
Third factor is that, this anti-anxiety medication has to be taken only for two to three weeks of time. This shorter span is more than enough for you to develop tolerance towards the drug. The next step of this is that, people would automatically increase the dose of Xanax to achieve the effectiveness that they have experienced before.
Follow these factors as well as the instructions that are told by the doctor to stay safe while on the treatment.
Is it possible to take alcohol while on Xanax medication?
Alcohol and Xanax does not go well with each other for sure. When these are taken together, it would trigger negative effects in you and sometimes it can be fatal. In general, it is definitely not a good idea to follow this combination with any other drugs too. But the risk is very much high with this medicine.
Do not fear about the side effects that this medication might trigger in you. Always inform the doctor about what you are doing during the treatment so that if you do anything that is not safe then immediately you can refrain from it.
- American Chemical Society. (n.d.). Alprazolam.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series, No. 45. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 15-4131. Rockville, MD: Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, 2006.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (2011). Xanax.
- U.S. National Library of Medicine. (2017). Alprazolam.
- American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Björkqvist SE, Isohanni M, Mäkelä R, et al. Ambulant treatment of alcohol withdrawal symptoms with carbamazepine: a formal multicentre double-blind comparison with placebo. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1976;53:333–342. [PubMed]